This time we have had a chance to invite two incredible international speakers, who are hosting full-day workshops on RigaDevDays conference – Venkat Subramaniam and Wei-Meng Lee. Wei-Meng will explain differences between cross-platform mobile development frameworks with a focus on Flutter. Venkat will guide you through Kotlin language features and how it could be used both for mobile and backend applications. Don’t miss this event if you are interested in modern languages such as Dart and Kotlin!
You are welcome on May 29 at 18:30, Zaļā iela 1, 4th floor (Microsoft Latvia office).
Agenda for Mobile focused 75th DevClub.lv:
- Wei-Meng Lee will give a talk Cross Platform Mobile Development using Flutter. Maintaining multiple code bases for the same application is often a pain in the neck for mobile developers. In the recent years, different frameworks have appeared in the market that aim to reduce the workload of developers by offering them a write-once-run-everywhere approach. In this session, Wei-Meng will take a quick look at the different frameworks available – Xamarin, React Native, and Flutter. He will focus on using Flutter and see how it makes your life as a mobile developer easier. (Language – English)
Tags: Mobile, Flutter, Cross-platform
Wei-Meng Lee is a technologist and founder of Developer Learning Solutions (http://www.learn2develop.net).
- Dr. Venkat Subramaniam will give a talk Programming with Kotlin As a multi-platform multi-target language, Kotlin is a language that is rapidly gaining popularity. It is fluent, elegant, concise, expressive, and easy to program with. In this presentation we will look at some of the key features of Kotlin and what makes it an exciting language to program both server-side, client-side, and mobile applications.
(Language – English) Tags: Kotlin, multi-platform, JVM, Android, DSL Dr. Venkat Subramaniam is an award-winning author, founder of Agile Developer, Inc., creator of agilelearner.com, and an instructional professor at the University of Houston. He has trained and mentored thousands of software developers in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia, and is a regularly-invited speaker at several international conferences. Venkat helps his clients effectively apply and succeed with sustainable agile practices on their software projects. Venkat is a (co)author of multiple technical books, including the 2007 Jolt Productivity award winning book Practices of an Agile Developer. You can find a list of his books at agiledeveloper.com. You can reach him by email at [email protected] or on Twitter at @venkat_s.
At INTEXSYS we are always looking for new talents. If you’re into e-commerce and would like to make an impact by working for one of the top 500 online retailers in the world, apply now:
– Project Manager
– Senior Software Engineer (PHP)
– Conversion Strategist
We promise – it will never be boring!
Did you know that DYNATECH’s mascot is an astronaut? That’s because while we don’t go to Mars yet, we give people space to grow, develop and become the best versions of themselves. Are you in for cosmic adventures? Check out our open vacancies:
– Back-End Developer
– Senior System Administrator
– QA Automation Engineer
Working at Posti Messaging you have the chance to be at the forefront of the digitalization and be a key player in creating the technical solutions that transform businesses.
We are currently looking for a Test Engineer (ideally with a knack to automate things, but will obviously provide all necessary training), as well as would be happy to find one more Java Developer who’d speed up the development pace in our increasingly growing projects.
Did you know that the good quality of your personal life brings more value to your work life? Oh boy (girl!), how we love that at Mintos! Join the most work-life balanced team. We are looking for teammates to grow with:
– Senior Software Developer
– Software QA Engineer
– UI/UX Designer
COGNIZANT is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our industry-based, consultative approach helps many of the best-known organizations in every industry and geography envision, build and run more innovative, efficient businesses. Currently, in Riga we are looking for a:
– System Developer
– Agile Coach
– Integration Developer
There is an IT crowd in Riga where besides creating fun and innovative stuff, people also contribute their cool ideas to the open source. How about joining Neotech Development ranks?
Opportunity with us:
– Java Developer
Thanks to our sponsors we are able to make DevClub.lv events and have drinks and snacks: